Search Feed The Iron

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

SUMMER OMELET

This is what I have for my AM snack recently... the summer omelet and a piece of fruit. The omelet is really easy to prepare and it tastes delish even cool.

Here's the recipe:
5 egg whites (adjust according to your protein needs)

1/3 cup cooked/ grilled veggies (I used grilled eggplant, raw red bell pepper and fresh basil. But it tastes delicious also with sauteed broccoli or zucchini or cherry tomatoes and peppers. Use what you like most)

salt, black pepper, garlic or chives

I use the microwave omelet maker which makes things much easier. You can find it here (http://www.amazon.com/BPA-Free-Microwave-Omelette-Maker-Sunflower/dp/B005ODCMEA). Otherwise you can bake your omelet in a traditional way using a pan, but I must admit I'm really bad at flipping it over and with omelet maker with 3 min in microwave you are done with no mess to clean.

Tastes yummy with mustard!


Oh, and can you believe this whole meal has only 146 calories?! Amazing, ha?!

For more healthy recipes, tips and motivation, please visit my FB page by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment